SonarLab - Indoors
A native of the San Francisco Bay Area, DJ Enso has always had a passion for building things from scratch. As a teenager, he threw drum and bass warehouse parties in Oakland, CA, before he decided to turn his attention to DJing and music production. This brought him in contact with local hiphop producer Roche in the summer of 2003, and together they founded the Solos Records music label.
DJ Enso relocated to Hong Kong in January 2007, expanding Solos’ reach into Asia and bringing him in contact with a new world of musical influences. DJ Enso produced the audio score to Akit Fong’s 2007 independent film Close to Perfect, and has collaborated with traditional Chinese vocalists on a number of recent productions. As a club DJ, he plays an eclectic mix of modern dance music, from hip hop to trap, bmore to miami bass, and electro to dancehall.
In 2011, DJ Enso founded XXX Gallery, Hong Kong’s newest and most exciting underground art and music venue. XXX has sparked intense interest throughout the region, and has been hailed as “a realignment of Hong Kong nightlife” and “a new haven for Hong Kong’s underground” (Time Out Magazine).
Over the past two years, Enso has performed for international brands such as Volkswagen, Club Monaco, Paul Smith and Steve Madden.
Partnering with DJ Kid Fresh (3 X World ITF Champ, Germany), DJ Enso has founded and hosted the cutting-edge Pimpin Ain’t Easy and Hype Nasty club nights across Asia. Over the past three years, has played alongside the following international top names among others:
- A-TRAK (Fools Gold Records, NYC/Montreal) - STEVE AOKI (Dim Mak)
- DIPLO / MAJOR LAZER (Mad Decent)
- DROP THE LIME (Trouble & Bass / NYC)
- CRAZE (6 x DMC World Champ / Miami) - KLEVER (2 x DMC USA Champ / Atlanta)
- KID FRESH (3 x ITF World Champ / Germany)
- KAZEY (Clap Clap / Paris)
- DJ RAFIK (2007 DMC World Champion / Germany) - DEXPLICIT (DXP Recordings / London, UK)
- CURTIS VODKA (White Light Orchestra / Alaska)
- CB RADIO (Solos Records, New York City)
- HATCHMATIK (Peer Pressure / Montreal)
- DRE SKULL (Vicious Pop / New York City)
- BANANAS SOUNDSYSTEM (Shanghai)
- ROXY COTTONTAIL (New York City)
- DJ BEWARE (Man Recordings, Vienna/HK)
- DANIEL HAAKSMAN (Man Recordings / Berlin)
- PAT DRASTIK (Ottawa, Canada)
- SUIVEZ (Zurich, Switzerland)
- DJ MISS YELLOW (Pimpin Ain’t Easy, Hong Kong) - P.O.L. Style (Numbers, Tokyo)
- DJ BECAREFUL (Subcrew, Hong Kong)