Set out below are the terms and conditions relating to your attendance at “Sónar Hong Kong 2018” to be held in Hong Kong 17 March 2018 (the “Event”) at The Hong Kong Science and Technology Park, Hong Kong (the “Venue”) and organized by Magnetic Asia Limited (the “Organiser”). By purchasing a ticket and entering the Venue you hereby agree to the following terms and conditions:-
1. To enter the controlled areas of the Venue and attend the Event you must have a valid Ticket.
2. Searching is a condition of entry to the controlled areas of the Venue and accordingly the Organiser has the right to search the bags and other personal belongings of all persons attending the Event and reserves the right as a result of such search to exclude any person from the Event and Venue or to exclude any person who refuses to be searched.
3. Upon admission to the Venue you may request a stored value card (the “SV Card”) to be used solely as a cashless payment system for the purchase of goods at the Event being food, beverages and other merchandise belonging to the Organiser (the “Goods”).
4. Whilst the Goods available for purchase at the Event are available through individual Vendor outlets at the Venue, the ownership of the Goods belongs to the Organiser and the Organiser is the seller of, and responsible for, such Goods. For the avoidance of doubt the contract entered into in respect of the sale of the Goods shall be between you and the Organiser. All complaints in relation to the Goods should be sent for handling to the Organiser’s Customer Services at [email protected]
5. The ticket you have purchased is for the Event and not for a specific band or artist and the Organiser reserves the right to alter or change the programme and line up without prior notification.
6. The Organiser reserves the right to cancel the Event at any stage, if deemed necessary in their sole opinion, or if circumstances arise which are outside their control, including but not limited to adverse weather conditions. In the event that the Event is cancelled or the line up changed, the Organiser will not be liable for the payment of any compensation or any loss of money and/or expenses incurred. In the event of the cancellation of the entire event only the face value of the ticket will be refunded through the ticket agent through whom the tickets were purchased.
7. No food, alcohol or soft drinks may be taken in to the controlled areas of the Venue.
8. The Organiser adopts a zero tolerance to drugs and as such all drugs, including legal highs are prohibited from the Event and Venue. You may be rejected or ejected from the Event and reported to the police if found to be in possession of any such substances.
9. The following articles are prohibited at the Venue and the Event :- illegal drugs or substances, musical instruments (including but not limited to drums), knives or similar weapons including chains/chain wallets, fireworks, explosives, lasers and laser pointers, flags, chairs, drones, professional cameras and audio recording devices, independent sound systems,generators,pets, smoke or gas canisters (including aerosols),megaphones ,air- horns, dangerous or hazardous items of any description, glass vessels, poles [selfie sticks], unauthorized items for trading including but not limited to any goods or items using unauthorised event logos or brands, and any other item which in the sole opinion of the Organiser endangers public safety. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to the Event or to eject anyone found to be in possession of any such item(s).
10. The following behavior is expressly prohibited at the Event and Venue :-
The Organiser reserves the right to eject any person participating in such prohibited activity from the Event and Venue.
11. The Organiser reserves the right to refuse anyone entry to the Event and controlled areas of the Venue and to eject therefrom any person who in the sole discretion of the Organiser, fails to comply with instructions from a steward or other person acting on the Organiser’s behalf. Anyone found to be causing damage to the Venue, behaving in an illegal or anti-social manner whether or not through alcohol or drug abuse, shall be ejected from the Venue and may be reported to the police.
12. The Event may be filmed and items used for internet streaming. By attending the Event you provide your consent to the use of your actual or simulated likeness in connection with the production, exhibition, advertising or exploitation of any film, video and /or audio recording of the Event or any element thereof in any media of whatever form throughout the world. You also agree to being filmed by police or security staff for the purpose of ensuring public security at the Event and preventing crime.
13. The Organiser shall not be liable for any loss, damage, cost or expense, except in the case of death or personal injury if due to any negligent act or omission on their part. Persons attending the Event are responsible for their own valuables and the Organiser will not be liable for any loss or damage to personal property brought to the Venue.
14. You understand and acknowledge that extended exposure to loud noise may cause damage to hearing and that smoke effects, strobe lighting and loud noises may be used at this event. The Organiser has no liability to you in relation to any damage caused by these matters.
15. The terms and conditions set out herein are subject from change from time to time and can be found on the Organiser’s website www.sonarhongkong.com
16. To the fullest extent permissible in law, the Organiser shall be entitled to assign any and all of its rights and obligations under these terms and conditions provided that your rights are not adversely affected to any material extent.
17. If any provision contained in the terms and conditions set out herein is found to be invalid or unenforceable by any court, the invalid or unenforceable provision shall be severed or amended in such a manner as to render the rest of the provision(s) and remainder of these terms and conditions shall remain valid and enforceable.
18. Any failure or delay on the part of the Organiser to enforce any of these terms and conditions shall not constitute a waiver of any of its rights hereunder.
19. The terms and conditions set out herein shall be governed and construed in accordance with the laws and regulations of the Hong Kong Special Administrative Region of the People’s Republic of China and are subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the Hong Kong courts.